Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Move your ass, go berserk...

...eat your salad, no dessert!

I've been kind of avoiding this for some time now. I mean who wants to admit that they gained quite some weight? Before the wedding I started eating better and was moderately active. Then about a month before the wedding the stress started to kick in and I just didn't want to eat. I didn't realize how much weight I had lost until my final fitting and the seamstress had to take my dress in 2 inches. I knew it wouldn't last long.

Well, here we are about 8 months after the wedding and I am ready to admit that I HAVE GAINED IT BACK (and possibly a few extra)! *cringes* I feel that if I write it down, I am more inclined to do something about it. While I am not at the heaviest I've ever been, I don't want to get back to that because at that time I think most of my meals were fast food. I wish there was a miracle fast way to do this and keep it off. I see all the commercials for different diet pills, cleanses, and even know people who take prescription drugs to suppress their appetite. While those might give me quick results, the minute you stop them the pounds start packing back on.

In my attempt to eat healthier and be more active I signed up on thedailyplate.com with a friend. Dailyplate is a free resource that helps you keep track of the calories you consume and the calories you burn with your daily activities. It also helps you figure out how many calories you CAN consume to promote weight loss with your level of normal activity. I just signed up last night so I don't know all the things you can do with the website, but if anyone uses it, got any pointers?

I find that it is hard to keep myself motivated. I go for about 2 weeks eating healthy and trying to stay active and then fall in a slump. Go for about a month in that slump, and start feeling motivated again.

What do you do to stay motivated about eating healthy and staying active?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have gained about 10 pounds in the last 11 months, 8 of those since April. I have been a lazy mclazerson as far as working out and my diet has been less than stellar. I'm trying to get back on track, not only because I've gotten squishy, but because I just don't feel healthy. Getting the motivation back is hard, y'all.
Good luck, girly!

Veronika said...

I haven't gained any weight,but I too stopped working out after our wedding in May, and I lost all of the tone I worked so hard for.

To stay motivated, I bring my gym bag to work with me so there ar eno excuses (plus, my gym is a 3 min drive from my office so I can go right after).

I also look to my friends to motivate me-many of them are regular gym goers, and they always stay on me to make sure I am sticking to my plan. If you can find a gym buddy, it will definitely keep you going.

good luck!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I'm like you, kinda hard to stay motivated all the time :(
xx

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I totally put on ten pounds after my wedding AND got preggers right away. EEEK. Right now I'm trying to get in shape so we can get going on number two, so I'm Shredding like a fool.
: )