Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Compromise

Everyone says the hardest thing about being in a relationship is the compromise, having to stray from exactly what you want to give your partner a little bit of what they want. We have had our fair share of compromises in the almost 7 years we have been together, but there is one thing I have not given in on. I have my reasons and he has his and we both feel that each of our reasons are good ones for wanting or not wanting to give in, so for now its been pushed to the side.

It is just this one thing that I have a hard time compromising because its not like "what's for dinner?" or "who is taking out the trash?", its personal. We have talked about different options and well we just haven't come up with one that works for both of us. Anyone ever had something they couldn't come to a compromise about? Would you just give in because you don't want to create an argument?

On a lighter note, I never posted this outfit I wore to a friend's wedding ceremony. Too bad I forgot to take a picture of what I wore to the reception because we were running late and it was a complete thunderstorm that evening.

Dress: Unknown, Belt: Target, Shoes, Jessica Simpson

This is one of my favorite dresses because it is so comfortable and is a great alternative to my little black dress.

2 comments:

Veronika said...

I think they key to compromise is meeting in the middle...when you have two strong personalities in the mix, and the issue is ever-present in the relationship a 50/50 solution might be the only doable outcome.

Rebecca said...

Compromise - what a subject... DH doesnt have a clue what it means. Its one way or the other with no in between - if it's even close to in between, it's because ive run about 50 scenarios through my head and asked him to pick one. His only idea is his way. And he doesnt understand that the scenarios i lay out for him, DO involve both our ideas, and isnt 100% on either of our sides... ugh