Monday, October 26, 2009

Twilight Glow

After two weeks of searching for Twilight, the new Ulta Professional Nail line color, I found it this past weekend thanks to Laurel from A Good Build. There were only 2 bottles of this left when I got there and I snatched up one along with Green with Envy, an emerald green.

Twilight actually looks very similar to OPI's Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees from the new Suede Collection. Twilight was actually on sale for $4.99 when I got it, but I think that deal is over now.

What do you think of the color? I actually REALLY like it. But I may be biased because I have been really into gray lately.

I was also able to pick up Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask at Ulta as well. I went to 2 Walgreen's and 1 CVS on Friday looking for this mask and couldn't find it. I have read great reviews on this mask and how it helps with acne and blackheads. I have only used it once so far and I will say that it left my face super soft and smooth. I will give a review of it after a few more uses.

I normally don't buy drugstore cosmetics. I remember the high school days when the foundation you bought rarely matched your face and the eye shadow never was as bold as it appeared in the packaging. Well, after reading some great reviews online of some products, I decided to give it a try.

First I bought L'oreal True Match liquid foundation. Let me start by saying I normally do not wear liquid foundation because it always felt too thick to me. True Match is not thick and is actually pretty light. There is a little "chart" that is on the display that helps you choose which color will best work for you. I think the "chart" got my color spot on. It lasted me all day and did not rub off after 6 hours. I have combination skin and usually get slightly oily after about 5 hours around my t-zone. The foundation didn't make me more oily at all which is one thing I was afraid of. I would highly suggest anyone looking for a good inexpensive foundation to try L'oreal True Match, I think you will be nicely surprised.

Sorry no pics of the foundation because I could never post pictures of my face without any makeup because right now its not in the best shape it has been. Maybe once my skin clears up a little I will.

4 comments:

Veronika said...

I may have to try this because i bought OPI's "you don't know jacques" and I can't get it to work. I plan to try one more time before i give up on it because it is such a well-loved color.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love love love that color. I'm going to hunt it down!

Angela said...

what a neat color. i am going to find it now.

Anonymous said...

glad I was able to help and glad you found it! I love the color too! Have you tried the green yet?!