Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vested in Fall

I always tie "happenings" with season change. When I was younger I always knew it was the summer when the neighborhood pool opened. These days, I consider it fall when Starbucks brings back the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Sad I know, but I love those things! If you haven't tried a Pumpkin Spice Frappe, those are good too.

Anyway, one thing I love to wear in the fall are vests. They add an extra layer of warmth and add a little spunk to a rather simple outfit. I mainly wear my vests with jeans and a plain tee, but if you are adventurous with your style pair them with a dress for a different spin on things.

Here are two styles I am currently loving:

The above vest is the Rachel Comey Traveler's Vest. I love the look, but not the tag of $679. I did find a similar option that is much more budget friendly.

The "cheaper" option is by BB Dakota and is going for only $60.

This Alexander Wang Motorcycle vest is HOT, but the tag of over $1,200 is not.

This one is from Guess which isn't as long as the Wang one, but has a similar vibe to it. There is also one from Express that is only $68, but their website has been down for the past couple of days.

If I didn't put myself on a spending freeze I would have bought the BB Dakota vest already. I actualy was THIS close to buying it in August, but was saving up to "feed" my expensive hobby (which is the reason I am on a spending freeze).

Anyone else on a spending freeze? How are you dealing with it? If I keep myself busy on the weekends I don't really get a chance to go to the mall, so I am good. Gosh, I sound like I have a problem huh? :)

4 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm actually digging the Guess one more. Might just have to have it!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh hard to choose a fav, really like them.

Ahh spending, yes it's a problem for us all he he.
xoxo

Rebecca said...

im on a spending freeze from buying anymore camera equipment. im dying over here. and now i want a leather vest. thanks. HA!

Lily Allen said...



Great article. This tips are very helpful.
clipping path
clipping path service