Monday, June 1, 2009

A Walk in the Park

We had some great weather this past week and since Hubs was working on a last minute job I decided to see if the girls (hubs younger cousins) wanted to go to the park and hang out. It was such a nice day I decided to take my camera with me to snap some shots.

I forgot how much fun I have taking pictures. All of my hobbies were put on the back burner when I was planning the wedding, but now that it is over and I had a few months to be absolutely lazy, I am starting to take pictures and read again.


Shorts & Necklace: Forever 21, Tee: Express, Flats: Aeropostle

I am so in love with this necklace. It makes such a plain outfit interesting. Forever 21 has really stepped up their game in the accessory department. No longer are the days of only plastic jewelry in neon colors. I'm also loving the basic burout tee because it is soo soft and v-neck. I bought the same one in gray (there goes the gray again).

Later that night we went to a friend's house for a Memorial Day BBQ andd he asked me if my shirt was see-through and before I could answer he then changed his mind and thought it was painted nude underneath. Once I told him that the nude was not painted on and that it was my actual skin (gasp!) he said that if he were Hubs he would have told me to change. I just laughed it off, but really you can't see anything because 1.) its not that sheer and 2.) its loose fitting so its not like you see everything. Either Hubs didn't notice or he just didn't care. I think its the latter because I have worn this tee on several times.

Does your husband/fiance/boyfriend ever tell you what to/not to wear?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute necklace, would never have guessed it came from forever 21. Hubby makes some comments on occasion, but I never wear anything bad that he would tell me to change out of haha.

FJ said...

Nope, not really. I never wear something really questionable though. There have been like 2 occaisons where he's told me I'm overdressed though and maybe I should tone it down lol.

steph said...

You know, I ask for ryan's opinion all the time, and even though he has impeccable taste, he just chooses not to have an actual say. haha.

love the outfit - i'll have to check out the F21 accessories dept! =)

Unknown said...

I've been dying to buy a gorgeous statement necklace like the one you're wearing here!!! I think I need to go shopping now because it making me crave one even more.

xoxo
Stephanie

LACY said...

luv the necklace and shirt :)

lacysmess.blogspot.com

phi-style said...

we're going to be in cozumel. i can't wait to lay around and do nothing!!

i'd wear a black bra under that shirt. if it's going to just slightly show, i say just go all out and show all of it. =)

i ask Fiance's opinion all the time, but i don't always listen to it. i mostly ask to see if he'll agree with the answer i already have in my mind. =)

Tiffany said...

love the necklace! might have to go to F21 to check out the accessories, I haven't been in awhile.

my husband has great style so I trust him if he says he doesn't like something on me but that's pretty rare.

Anonymous said...

Statement necklace looks great on you! and No, never..he knows he'll get in trouble if he pisses me off! hehe! But I always ask him for advice and he has a great sense of style.